Ich

kquang

BRS Member
Hello everyone,

My fish are starting to show signs of ich (white spots) and I am going to set up a quarantine tank to prepare to treat them with copper if needed. I am going to leave my display tank free of fish for 8 weeks as I have read it is effective in getting rid of ich. I was wondering if I needed to remove my mandarin dragonet from my display tank as well since it is resistant to ich -- will it being in the display tank allow the ich to prolong its life cycle?

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

Its resistant not ich proof just because its better at fighting it off I would not risk it by any means they are gorgeous fish I would be careful...

I never treat for ich anymore. Feed the fish well and they will come out of it on their own. Has worked a few times for me - never lost a fish.

My fish in my 180 got ich. I did not treat them in a QT. I tend to kill fish in QT. I lost both of my cleaner gobies who were very big. I am not sure what happened as they looked the worse, then were improving but I went on a trip and when I came home they had disappeared. Everyone else recovered just fine -- 3 tangs, rabbitfish, clown, mandarin, bangaii, scott's fairy wrasse -- they all look great. I just fed them lots of vitamins and supplements. I bought dried mysis because it absorbs the supplements better than frozen.

What vitamins and supplements do you recommend I soak my fish food in to help with ich?

Back