Identification??

Sdeluca10

BRS Member
Does anyone know what this is? My brother started losing his anenomes which he originally thought it was due to water quality until today. He came home and he found this guy and another one of his anenomes in its mouth, with pieces of the anenome all over the place.we were thinking it hitch hiked on a new rock or coral or something or has just been living under the radar for a long time.
5E2CC587-403C-4089-B1BC-6B53BFF0BE3F.jpeg

It’s like a hermit crab out of its shell, super nasty looking. Where is your rock from?

John at reefcleaners is usually pretty good at IDing things if someone here can’t give one.

It’s like a hermit crab out of its shell, super nasty looking. Where is your rock from?

John at reefcleaners is usually pretty good at IDing things if someone here can’t give one.
My initial thought was hermit crab. Would they devour large rainbow anenomes? Also I have no idea where he got rock from, I don’t think it was from a store.

It's a opportunity predator. I have one that I keep in my sump to eat detritus.

Does anyone know what this is? My brother started losing his anenomes which he originally thought it was due to water quality until today. He came home and he found this guy and another one of his anenomes in its mouth, with pieces of the anenome all over the place.we were thinking it hitch hiked on a new rock or coral or something or has just been living under the radar for a long time. View attachment 190879
how big is it?

Yep, that’s the one. He didn’t know what to do with it, he was just gonna bring it back to the store and give it to them. I said screw it I’ll take it and throw it in my refuge him maybe he’ll eat all the bad sh** down there.

Back