IM EXT 200 Peninsula Build

Chris.sturgis

Officer
BRS Member
New build incoming!! Purchased a Innovative Marine 200 gallon system with their sump. Lead time says 6 months but hopefully it will arrive before then. Customer service has also been great from IM since I already had to contact them and they helped me out right away.

Current stock list 3/31/24
8 chromis
1 Yellow tang
1 scopas tang
1 hippo tang
1 yellow wrasse
1 melanurus wrasse
2 bangi cardinals
1 cleaner shrimp

Last edited:
New build incoming!! Purchased a Innovative Marine 200 gallon system with their sump. Lead time says 6 months but hopefully it will arrive before then. Customer service has also been great from IM since I already had to contact them and they helped me out right away.
Welcome to the IM club, can't wait to see what you do with it.

Great choice! I have the non-peninsula 200 EXT and love it. So much so I recently ordered a 170 EXT. I was expecting the same 6 month wait but they had one ready for me in about two weeks after ordering!

Great choice! I have the non-peninsula 200 EXT and love it. So much so I recently ordered a 170 EXT. I was expecting the same 6 month wait but they had one ready for me in about two weeks after ordering!
Same thing happened with mine.

I hope it’s not 6 months but I’m also not in a rush since it wasn’t really a planned purchase. At 50% off though I couldn’t resist!

I purchased my IM200 EXT in November '23 and received it about 6 weeks later. I was expecting Mar/Apr delivery. Great tank. I am plumbing now, but going slow. Enjoy the build! I will certainly be following along.

Tank arrived today and it’s in one piece. Now it’s time for the hard part of moving it into the basement.
IMG_8970.jpeg

IMG_8986.jpeg

No leaks! Pretty impressed with the IM plumbing and sump so far. All schedule 80 fittings and piping. Only modification I need to make is add a check valve to the return line and I added a union on the drain line with the gate valve so I could spin the valve.
IMG_9025.jpeg

Last edited:
Back