IN STORE: Where to buy glass drill bit?

Jokes

Non-member
Where can I buy a diamond coated drill boat to drill my tank? I'm from Lowell, Ma. What stores around here sell it in store? I really don't want to have to order it online and wait for it to be delivered. Kind of want to drill my tank this weekend. Thanks for the help.

I don't know if any local stores sell the glass bits, but many of the LFSs will drill tanks for you.

Yea, that was what I was kind of trying to avoid. I don't have the proper transportation to get the tank to the LFS.

I don't know if any local stores sell the glass bits, but many of the LFSs will drill tanks for you.

Years ago when I got into this hobby I think I ordered mine online somewhere...
Leo...

Personally, I would not use the HD ones....I have seen them crack many a tank....

There is a C.R Lawrence company on the south shore somewhere...they usually have diamond bits in stock...but you may need a wholesale account to purchase from them (not really sure) but they are the only place I have found that has them in stock when I need them in a pinch

What size do you need??? I have some extra ones from glass-holes.com that I do not use cause they have a short shank, and our drill press requires long shank bits...
(sorry if I od not respond till later tonight, as I am about to leave the shop to go on the road for service for the next 6-10 hours...)

I think I need either a 2.25inch or 2.5 inch.

Personally, I would not use the HD ones....I have seen them crack many a tank....

There is a C.R Lawrence company on the south shore somewhere...they usually have diamond bits in stock...but you may need a wholesale account to purchase from them (not really sure) but they are the only place I have found that has them in stock when I need them in a pinch

What size do you need??? I have some extra ones from glass-holes.com that I do not use cause they have a short shank, and our drill press requires long shank bits...
(sorry if I od not respond till later tonight, as I am about to leave the shop to go on the road for service for the next 6-10 hours...)

Bulk reef supply sells them.
Lowe's also sells them, but they are more expensive.

What size do you need? Anything over 1/2" will be hard to find around here and expensive. Go online.

grab yellow book and call plumbing contractors around you area, some of them will have a full set of high quality diamond bits, maybe one of them will let you borrow the one you need, you will be surprised how nice people are if you approach them right. they use them for drilling tile.

Back