Indo-Pacific Sea Farms ?

nhbloke

Non-member
Hi,
Has anyone ever ordered from here, good, bad or indifferent :confused:

I was thinking of placing an order and just checking.

Many thanks John

Sorry for the reply to an old post.

As for IPSF
I did... they offered free shipping with certain packages so I thought I'd give it a go vs GARF. But then again I probably paid for it in the product prices but at least I got the illusion of free shipping LOL.

I ordered sand activator, worms, stuff for my macroalgae packs for my refugium, snails/hermits, clams, spaghetti worms, pods, ministars etc. All basic tank starter stuff. I had read on other forums about customers raving about the extras they threw in. I didn't see any extras at all. Just what I ordered - fair enough I suppose but I was hoiping for a surprise.

My order came in promptly and they tracked it very well and everything arrived in good shape. The quantities of the items seemed a bit skimpy for $200 worth of stuff. 6 of this 3 of that etc. Most of it of course disappeared in the sand and LR in my new tank. But that's what it's supposed to do. Can't say I'm displeased, just not overwhelmed.

I've ordered from GARF previously, but also ended up paying lots for shipping for some grunge and janitors.

Guess my opinion is "indifferent" If a NH local shop had all the stuff I wanted (I checked), I'd have gone locally instead.

GARF (www.garf.org) To be perfectly honest, they are who inspired me to get into this crazy hobby. I was looking for something else at the time for my brackish tank and somehow stumbled upon their site in a stray link. I saw all those nice pictures and their easy bullet proof reef system and I said "I can do that". I guess i am using a slight variation of their system, but it got me going.

I ordered GARF Grunge and a janitor package from them when I set up my 15g hex tank. The shipping ended up being about $45 (for a $60 order) so I shied away from it this time around because I thought the shipping would be even more on a larger order. That's why I tried IPSF and to get some more diversity in my new tank (which has some of the GARF supplied species too)

I guess either is OK

Back