Intermatic digital timers

Armando

v 4.0
This year I already had 2 Intermatic digital timers (the plug-in type) going to la-la-land. I opened the last one and I didn't see any fuse inside so I guess it's gone for good.

It doesn't help much that yesterday I got a new one at HD and when I opened the package there was something loose inside the timer and it was broken :mad: Here we go again another trip to HD.

These things don't come cheap at $20 each. Is this just my bad luck or these timers are prone to failure?

I bought some GE ones from either Target or Walmart for like $5 and they've worked fine. I think they've gone up in price a bit though.. I don't buy the digital ones though :)

I have only had 1 go out on me in the past year, I guess I have had good luck

Good luck? I'd expect them to go for more than a year without failure. Are there any other options for digital timers?

What are you running on them? I know the one that went out on me I was running my lights 2x400 watts and it says max watt is 500, sooooo I am sure it is my fault mine went out :)

I feel the analog ones are more reliable, but I'm going to use a digital for stuff I want more control over, like the kalk mixing pump. What do you guys use the digital ones for?

I've had two of the digital ones running for about 1 year with no problems, but I am only using them to turn on a dosing pump, no high wattage stuff. I've had plenty of the mechanical ones fail on me, but I've had plenty of them work for a good long time also.

I have some $10 digital timers from Walmart that have been in use for about a year working my lights with NO problems at all. Has lots of options...

I might have to go back to the mechanical ones for high wattage since I run 15 timers and replacing the digital ones might become costly.

If I switch I'll need to find a good place for them because I keep hitting the wheel and having to readjust the time. Also my dog loves to pull those red and green thingies out of it :rolleyes:

Nate, I can have Evan come over and teach Lilly how to reset all of your timers for you if you want. He is such a helpfull one year old. And surprisingly it doesn't hurt those red and green plastic thingies at all to go through the digestive tract.

I think Evan's been enough of a destructive influence on Lily in the short visits he's already had! I fear that with another visit we'd have to start removing Lily from the ceiling fan on a daily basis!

Nate

I'm running at least 10 of the "hard wired" type. At home: 4 running over 3 years now, 3 failures 2 were just batteries 1 DOA). Now 6 more at FB, keeping my "fingers crossed" bummer too because when they work they are just plain SLICK!

BTW this last batch I bought went up to $28. bucks too :mad:

Back