Is it just me or.......

fishfry

BRS Member
Is it just me or does anyone else feel that a person's location should be a mandatory field that has to be entered on a their profile page?

Seems to be one of the most asked questions after a for sale post. Since sellers location is critical info that has a large bearing on whether your interested or not I would think this should be disclosed at the time of post. Maybe I'm over thinking this but I know I personally get tired of asking.

If this is not the place for this discussion Mods please move. Thx

This has been brought up many times over the years and has always had the same response. This is only an issue in the for sale forums and the BOD is not going to make it a requirement for people to post a location. If people are not willing to post location, they will have to deal with the fact that it may affect any sales they try to make. Here is one such thread outlining the BOD's stance.

http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums...we-make-the-forum&highlight=location+required

Thx MikeG

I should have searched the boards first. Thx for the link. It's true, its really only a buy/sell situation. Again not a big deal but thought it was worth mentioning. Again Thx for the info.

How about making a location required in the for sale thread, just like the price is required?

How about making a location required in the for sale thread, just like the price is required?

again, we do not want to force someone to post their location if they are not comfortable doing so. If they are unwilling to post location, it will only hurt their chances for a sale. Location is recommended in the rules already and that is most likely how it will stay.

From the rules posted in the for sale forums

Selling something? Read this!

If you are posting in this forum to sell, and you aren't a commercial vendor then please observe and adhere to the following rules & guidelines:

Rules

Always include the price of the item(s)

General Guidlines:

Please always include:

a description of your items

whether or not you will sell a group of items individually

your location and whether or not you will deliver or meet elsewhere

**If you would like to have your location displayed in the information to the left of your posts please click this link http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/...do=editprofile and fill in the "location" field (fourth from the bottom). **

Browsing people, please remind folks if they forget the rules & guidelines. Any infractions should be reported to a moderator.

Thanks!

Sorry but this is a business forum issue

All Business issue are only for the paid members of the forum to discuss. They pay the clubs way to everything we do, so they have a say.

Thread closed

If any paid member would like to discuss this issue further please feel free to repost in the business forum.

Last edited:
Back