Is my tank too low on nutrients? Too high?

Would the swings I have in my Alk & Calc levels from day to day be of concern? Again they were roughly .20/day for Alk and roughly 5-10/day for Calc.

that's not a significant swing, it should not cause much of an issue.
just to make sure you can try dosing twice a day, before lights out and in the morning.

that's not a significant swing, it should not cause much of an issue.
just to make sure you can try dosing twice a day, before lights out and in the morning.

Ok thanks. It's just getting really frustrating that I can't seem to keep things happy.

can you add it in your sump and see if that make a difference? You are still going to have a concentrated swing of Alk/PH better to have the happen in the sump than in your display.

I would add it as far away from your return pump in your sump as you can get

can you add it in your sump and see if that make a difference? You are still going to have a concentrated swing of Alk/PH better to have the happen in the sump than in your display.

I would add it as far away from your return pump in your sump as you can get

No sump. :/

I used to add mine to my sump, but it killed my pumps with calcification from the Alk spike before it mixed out.

Now I have an Alk drip that injects next to the main powerhead slowly, takes about an hour to dose out one days worth.

Back