is stored RO any good

if its been sealed then (ive been told) its good to go. If you feel that it could have been contaminated then why risk it for just 12 gallons?

I store all of my ro/di water in my basement in a 45 gallon rubbermaid container. I just fill it up and use all of it before I refill it.. so it stays fresh, or at least I think it does.:confused:

I dont think there was any contamination since the tank valve has been shut.

Yes the basement is a cool place

I dunno man, I never chance anything. Water ( if you buy it ) is only $2.00 per 5-gallon bucket at Aqua Addicts. Or you can even use 6-gallon buckets like i used to. :D

I am not a chemist, so i don't know if it is good or bad. But 12 gallons is only about 7 dollars comparing to hundreds of dollars in fish and corals. I wouldn't take that chance. The water could be really good but the gamble is too big.

I have to agree that the water is probably fine but for that slight chance that it isn't, why chance it?

If you don't want to throw it out, just dump a few gallons at a time in your washing machine at the beginning of each wash cycle when it is filling up. The machine will stop at the right fill level whether you helped it along or not.

I have two of those tanks hooked up to my RODIs inline so that when the ATO calls for water (2 times per day on a timer) then it has enough to "fill-er-up" .

Back