Is this Coral line?

aries426

Non-member
Just want to make sure this is coral line or something good. It looks a little bumpy and just on the back.
The rocks do have purple on them and I have been using Purple Up.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1325451146344.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1325451146344.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 254
is it easy to wipe off if so it could be cyano bacteria (red slime algea)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

What is the best way to get rid of it? Clean it and do water changes?

It is about 3 weeks old. Can I just clean the area or are there chemicals that will help? Also is it a good idea to have a uv sterilizer? Will that help?

you can wipe it ..off, but I dont think UV would be worth the investment

increase flow .......................others will likely have suggestions also

Chemicals should always be a last resort .
Use a clean source water . Ro/ Di .. Make sure the skimmer is working properly . Use carbon and GFO ..
Since the tank is new , sometimes cyano can be part of the algae cycle on new tanks . I have never experienced it on cycling a new tank but others have .

cut back on the purple up....manually remove with a turkey baster.. The purple up is probably too much....It is probably a mag based suppliment... What r u using for a skimmer? R u using an ro/di?

A couple weeks after the power failure of Oct 31 I got a cyano bloom. Nothing to serious just purple/rust colored stuff on sand and some rocks. Been riding it out, haven't resorted to sucking it out yet.

I'm using the Biocube skimmer in chamber 1 and I have been using Rodi water, but I don't have my own setup yet. I am also still experiencing a light green algae on the glass and sand. Not sure if it is diatoms.

I get light green fuzz on the glass that has to be cleaned with a magnet glass cleaner. If I don't do it daily it affects your view. It's part of having a reef tank with hi intensity lighting. Take one minute a day and enjoy the view.

I get light green fuzz on the glass that has to be cleaned with a magnet glass cleaner. If I don't do it daily it affects your view. It's part of having a reef tank with hi intensity lighting. Take one minute a day and enjoy the view.

if it impairs ur view after a day u have some heavy organics goin on in there...

Back