Is this good to go?

charbel1011

BRS Member
Im putting the infinia 190.5 waterbox and my basement flooring concrete irs super unleveled. It sucks. It took us 5 hours, and we had to change the bolts for longer one. We ended up centered everywhere else but left side is like this. Is that fine? We couldnt get it leveled more its a 150g and 50g sump. Also im using a 24” leveler the stand length is 61. Do i buy a 48” leveler for the future or 72” or is that extreme?

Attachments

• IMG_0993.jpeg
    IMG_0993.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0990.jpeg
    IMG_0990.jpeg
    145.1 KB · Views: 78
Agreed with Chris, my 100 gallon is not perfect either and has been running no issues for 2+years now.
Okay one more question. For the leveler i used a 24” one. Since the stand im leveling is 61 length. Is that means i shouldve used a 78” leveler? Or 48?

I wouldn’t buy a 48” just for this unless you think you need one. Better to borrow it just to check!

Take a 6’ tube and fill it with water…clip the 1 side to the tank and hold the other side, fill it with water till you get to the highest level….helps to have 2 people. But it’s better than buying another level. You’ll know if your how far your off.

You could always buy the 48” level and then return it. I don’t love the idea of doing stuff like that, but it’s an option. You’re only making checking the level once maybe twice.

That's a rimless one, right? Did they give you a neoprene pad to put between the tank and stand? While I wouldn't be especially worried about how it is now, putting a pad in there would rest my mind even more to take out some of the differential pressure points.

Also, since my hardwood floor had quite a slope from the baseboard out, I ended up using some shims under the legs I needed to to fine tune my leveling. You can get really fine level of control with just little taps, then making sure the rest of the feet are extended and making good contact. Then I filled like a quarter full, checked it all again, tapped a few and adjusted feet, and was able to get it perfect.

That's a rimless one, right? Did they give you a neoprene pad to put between the tank and stand? While I wouldn't be especially worried about how it is now, putting a pad in there would rest my mind even more to take out some of the differential pressure points.

Also, since my hardwood floor had quite a slope from the baseboard out, I ended up using some shims under the legs I needed to to fine tune my leveling. You can get really fine level of control with just little taps, then making sure the rest of the feet are extended and making good contact. Then I filled like a quarter full, checked it all again, tapped a few and adjusted feet, and was able to get it perfect.
Theres a pad attached under the waterbox tank i believe its a leveling matt. So im guessing thats what you are mentioning? And my floors are concrete i have thin carpet pads less than an ich thin. And they are not padded so im gucci. As nothing going to be stronger than concrete. And i was able to borrow a 48” leveler yesterday from a friend and i measured same spot and it did even look better. More centered

Cool that they attach the pad to the tank! Getting a loose one lined up perfectly can be a pain lowering a heavy tank onto it. Sounds like you're in good shape now, great!

Cool that they attach the pad to the tank! Getting a loose one lined up perfectly can be a pain lowering a heavy tank onto it. Sounds like you're in good shape now, great!
It should be fine.
You could always buy the 48” level and then return it. I don’t love the idea of doing stuff like that, but it’s an option. You’re only making checking the level once maybe twice.
So we put the tank on the stand yesterday. And i thought everything was fine until i looked at the back and i see gaps as the tank floating and not sitting on the stand. So i immediately contacted waterbox. Wanted to see you guys opinion about this?

Waterbox responds attached in the pictures and heres a video i sent them

Attachments

• IMG_1033.jpeg
    IMG_1033.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1036.jpeg
    IMG_1036.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1035.jpeg
    IMG_1035.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1034.jpeg
    IMG_1034.jpeg
    129 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_1082.jpeg
    IMG_1082.jpeg
    77.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1039.png
    IMG_1039.png
    373.7 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1041.png
    IMG_1041.png
    157.9 KB · Views: 56
You should realistically never level just the stand and better with water in it even though it’s harder to manipulate.

You should realistically never level just the stand and better with water in it even though it’s harder to manipulate.
Thank you for your help chris. Unfortunately what happened my basement is concrete flooring obviously. And its super unleveled. To a level where we had to talk to waterbox and get approval on a longer bolts as the feet. And we had to go 1 1/4 bigger just to reach the floor. So we had to make sure that the stand is 100% leveled on that crazy flooring that i have. Can you take a look at my previous post for the gap?

I get leveling the stand prior but things also settle down under weight. I know your concerned with stress but those Matt’s that go under the tanks are meant to compress under weight to slightly level off the tank. I’d test fill it with water and check the gaps and level again a day later to let it settle in. If they still exist after it has water I wouldn’t trust the tank and make water box replace the whole setup.

Back