WTB ISO: small rock with green hair algae

Jbissell1289

the_Great_Bissell_Reef
BRS Member
Hey all, this may seem like a strange request but I’m looking for a small rock covered in green hair algae! Lol. Picked up a court jester goby and I’ve read they do best with some type of filament algae as this is their main food source. I have a little bit in the tank, but it doesn’t seem to be interested or it may be too exposed and I haven’t seen him eat since I got him yesterday.

I can pick up Sunday as close to Lancaster, MA as possible.
1B6ADF0D-DEDA-41B1-B6EA-BEA9FE5CAB1E.jpeg

Well my tank is only a 21 gallon display and it’s somewhat crowded already. 2-3” ideally, but what do you have?

I can break you a piece off this front rock (which is ~6" by ~5" by ~4") or as you can see I have some sand remnants with it growing as well.
IMG-0745.jpg

I thought court jesters feed from eating things in the sand? I had one a while ago and never saw it eat off rocks, but that was just my experience.

I thought court jesters feed from eating things in the sand? I had one a while ago and never saw it eat off rocks, but that was just my experience.
yeah from what I read they nibble at the algae, but they need other sources of food as well.

Back