Jack's going big, 90g build

Slowly making progress here. This little rodi is way too small for what I have going on so it's taking a while. Finally have a little water in it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394520460.173413.jpg

I replaced the 1/2" conduit with the 3/4". Made a mistake or two, but didn't grab extras (I'm a dumbie). Hopefully will get that done soon.

I cant get the conduit for the light to work. I've used so many pipes and it seems every time I think I have it right, it still it wrong. Anyone have any ideas how I can hang these lights (If I hang them from the ceiling there is a fan that will come within inches of the chains and the wall behind the tank is tile...), OR plans for a canopy that is easy to make? This is driving me nuts...

What are you having trouble with? I used EMT to support mine:

Made a frame using slotted aluminum:

Then I just drilled through the conduits near the base of the stand and near the top, drilled through the stand, and bolted them in. Conduits all rest on the floor, so bolting to the tank was more to keep it from falling left or right vs. supporting it. Came out OK I think and only cost ~$30 for everything IIRC.

Finally have it all filled and running. Moved the live rock, fish and the small amount of coral I still have over to it last night.

I don't have a skimmer yet, but I should be getting one soon. Just waiting for some additional pay to come through.

I ended up using a more simple plan for hanging the lights. Got it just about set on one side, but need to move the old tank before I can hang the other. Will be done in the next day or two.

I forgot to take new pictures of course, but they'll be up soon.

Also stand by for an ad with the old tank for sale if anyone's interested.

What are you having trouble with? I used EMT to support mine:

Made a frame using slotted aluminum:

Then I just drilled through the conduits near the base of the stand and near the top, drilled through the stand, and bolted them in. Conduits all rest on the floor, so bolting to the tank was more to keep it from falling left or right vs. supporting it. Came out OK I think and only cost ~$30 for everything IIRC.

Somehow I missed your post. Wish I didn't. Would've made life easier attaching the pipes to a full tank without much room. I may do your way eventually.

I was just trying to get too fancy.

Some pictures I took tonight. Wish I had all the corals I did a year ago, the tank would look much better. Basically starting from scrap for sps again, which I guess is ok.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395119417.266395.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395119433.508894.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395119455.822870.jpg

Haven't done too much here in a while. Added a cheap ATO that I had laying around, and haven't done much else.

Tomorrow though, I should have a wp-40 and SWC 160 arriving. I was back and forth about that skimmer, but I figured it'll do for now. If it doesn't seem to hack it once I have it all stocked then I'll worry about it.

Now I need to work on stocking. I can't make up my mind about what fish I want to add. All I have is the two o. clowns in there now. Any suggestions? I have an idea, but I won't put them until I get some input. I don't want to sway anyone elses thoughts haha. Just keep in mind the tank is going to be mostly SPS...

Have the skimmer up and running. Will just need some fine tuning as it breaks in I guess.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396551314.119283.jpg

Hopefully I'll get to mess with the wp40 when I get home tonight.

I noticed you have eggcrate under the sand...I would recommend to NOT put any sand dwelling Fish into the tank at all (No Leopard Wrasse, Coris Wrasse, Jawfish, Shrimp Goby, or any other burrowing or sand sleeping Fish) As I have seen tanks like that, where the Fish dives in and gets all cut up by the eggcrate.

With that said you still have TONS of options....

I would say Goby (like a Firefish) or Blenny (like a tail spot Blenny or Barnacle Blenny) would be perfect for the next Fish....definitely some wrasses down the line...maybe Anthias???

Nah dude stop!!! Go get the 1/4" from a glass/mirror shop. Sorry to tell u, but there is no way those 1/8" glass (that's what they are right? It's been a while since I tried them!) will work trust me, I've tried.They break really easy and its gonna be a PITA to do it over when ur sump is running and u bang/break them... Just a friendly advise. Good luck

Higor

Sent from my Galaxy S4

I've built 3 sumps with 1/8" glass from Lowe's. Never a problem. Just don't be a bull in the china shop with it. I broke a pane trying to take one out, it wasn't that easy to break.

I noticed you have eggcrate under the sand...I would recommend to NOT put any sand dwelling Fish into the tank at all (No Leopard Wrasse, Coris Wrasse, Jawfish, Shrimp Goby, or any other burrowing or sand sleeping Fish) As I have seen tanks like that, where the Fish dives in and gets all cut up by the eggcrate.

With that said you still have TONS of options....

I would say Goby (like a Firefish) or Blenny (like a tail spot Blenny or Barnacle Blenny) would be perfect for the next Fish....definitely some wrasses down the line...maybe Anthias???

Hmm didn't think of that about the egg crate. Never really heard it before, good to know.

Yeah I was definitely thinking of a wrasse, never considered more than one. Something to think about. Maybe I'll go with the firefish next. I was considering Anthias but from what I read they seem a little finicky about eating. I'm sure you can shed some light on that for me.

Yeah I was definitely thinking of a wrasse, never considered more than one. Something to think about. Maybe I'll go with the firefish next. I was considering Anthias but from what I read they seem a little finicky about eating. I'm sure you can shed some light on that for me.

The more Wrasses, the better! I am up to 12 Wrasses, from 5 different genera between a couple tanks :)

The more Wrasses, the better! I am up to 12 Wrasses, from 5 different genera between a couple tanks :)

Bahaha not sure why I bumped this. I think I meant to with my for sale thread and did this one by accident.

You seem to be the wrasse king. Any specific ones you suggest?

Bahaha not sure why I bumped this. I think I meant to with my for sale thread and did this one by accident.

You seem to be the wrasse king. Any specific ones you suggest?

Sorry, just saw this now! I have too many to suggest; however a great starting point would be a Lubbock's Wrasse. Inexpensive, very mellow, and great looking fish! Here is mine (though there is another variant that has black lines across its body):

And again on the right:

Haven't posted much in here. Have been battling a hair algae issue. My own fault from laziness, I know what caused it, but almost have it under control now.

Will start adding some corals soon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Back