January 2011 Meeting

This is one meeting I want to go to. My wife got sick of me not being able to take pictures of my tank with my camera, so she bought me one for Christmas. Well I still cannot take pictures with my camera. I heard someone at the meeting had a little knowledge on reef photography???? I was hoping to bring it, and get some pointers.

Are you a little late for this one? I'm thinking you were about 11 hours late for the meeting at the time of your post...

This is one meeting I want to go to. My wife got sick of me not being able to take pictures of my tank with my camera, so she bought me one for Christmas. Well I still cannot take pictures with my camera. I heard someone at the meeting had a little knowledge on reef photography???? I was hoping to bring it, and get some pointers.

Was a great turn out lots of new faces and a good amount of old faces. It was a fast paced meeting but we fit it all in.

Thanks to everyone who came out and a special thanks too Joe Scavo(scavdog), Dawn(skyedolphan), shawn (htp4u2nv), John(JohnK) and Bob(Bobbofin) for doing the DIY presentations :)

Also wanted to say thanks Melev for coming out and putting on the reef photography presentation.

Almost forgot :eek: Thanks to everyone who donated corals for the fragging presentation, made for a huge raffle.

The BOD hopes everyone enjoyed the meeting

Last edited:
If anyone has any questions that they would like answered, please post them in this thread. I'll do my best to help clarify the confusion, and I'm sure other helpful members here will be happy to assist as well.

So did you attend, or not? From what you've posted, it sounds like you think this is a pending meeting, but the presentation was done last Saturday.

Marc do "FD mount" lenses for Canon cameras work on the EOS models? Please say yes as I bought one of those 50mm 1.8f lenses you raved about on ebay Sat night after the meeting :p

I don't know. I've never owned a Canon camera. I'm sure there's a site out there that discusses compatible lenses for each camera. Look up your camera's model and see what lens selection they list.

Marc do "FD mount" lenses for Canon cameras work on the EOS models? Please say yes as I bought one of those 50mm 1.8f lenses you raved about on ebay Sat night after the meeting :p

You aren't going to be very happy, you need EF or EF-S lenses for your camera. EF lenses will fit all EOS cameras and EF-S lenses will fit a subset of those.

Those 50mm prime lenses are quite good for the price.

This goes into a bit more detail on what lenses you can use. If your camera has a red dot on the mounting surface it can take EF lenses, if it has a red dot and a white square it can also take EF-S lenses.
http://photonotes.org/articles/beginner-faq/lenses.html

Last edited:
Doooh... Thanks guys... I blame it on Marc... I got so excited about that style lense and it was a great price I just wasn't thinking clearly :p

So did you attend, or not? From what you've posted, it sounds like you think this is a pending meeting, but the presentation was done last Saturday.

No Marc I wasnt there, I was forced to stay at work because of the snow. I was really looking forward to this meeting, but I guess it wasnt meant to be. Im hoping Greg puts together another DIY meeting in the furure.

Derek

Back