Jason's 75 gallon build

hey Jason - nice looking setup! Do you have multiple possible heights for the halides? I was trying to figure out how to best mount halides NOT screwed to the top of the canopy, so they can be lowered and raised. I don't want to install some kind of mechanical lift. Looking for more of a slide-out drawer solution or something.

About the crack: where it is is important. I agree with Derek that depending on where it is you may be able to "fix" it by screwing another piece of wood across the cracked member(s). You probably won't be able to un-weight the stand, so you may have to draw the crack back together again under load. Pocket screws are a good way to draw wood together under load, IMHO. I'm not advocating screwing through the crack, mind you. but if you attach the backer board across some frame members, you can pocket screw it to the existing frame parts (screw it at an angle), drawing the crack closed. that's my two cents.

I remember a fiberboard stand I once had...one blocked overflow gate and my tank was doing the gangsta lean! scary.

Good luck!

so what is the pro's and con's of monitoring your tank without the net module? does it just hook up to the RKL and your pc with just a cord?

so what is the pro's and con's of monitoring your tank without the net module? does it just hook up to the RKL and your pc with just a cord?[/QUOTE
yah usb cord, i did it to look at the graphs and to be able to shut off equipment from my computer

Back