Joes Juice

montec24

Non-member
I have a little outbreak of Aiptasia (turning into a big outbreak) Used Kalk paste in the past but it has not been working as well. I just bought some Joes Juice, anyone used it? Does it work? Anything I should watch out for?

Thanks
Dana

Bouhgt it today at Skiptons, Also bought some corals and snails as well, worth the trip.

Dana
atila said:
Where did you get the joe's juice? I can't find it and need it badly

Thanks
Rosanne

It did not get all of them the first time around, but the second time was a charm. I have heard some people say to let it flow out of the syringe slowly toward the aptasia and then push the plunger to release the mother load to finish it off. This did not work well for me b/c the aptasia started to retract once it got a taste. The second time around I doused it and that did the job.

As an aside, one thing that i noticed about joes juice is that it hardens up in the bottle real quickly and when you try to syringe it out at that point it clogs up the syringe.

Just zapped about 20 of them, they didn't like it thats for sure. Find out in a day or two if it works I guess.

definitely turn off the flow...otherwise you have flying bits of acid zooming around your tank.

i prefer melting them with liquid calcium (sure, it doesn't work the first time, but it's less dangerous to my tank inhabitants), or having a peppermint shrimp.

it works for me on the aiptasia that are facing up. for those that are underneath overhangs and stuff the JJ drops down n doesnt get into them too well. pepps + JJ is probably gonna get em all for me.

The ones I got today have not reapeared, still to early to tell. I still ahve others that I did not see till now. I used to have a peppermint that loved the things, never had a problem with them. The shrimp died about 6 mths ago now I have a ton of them. I bought 2 peppermint shrimp 2 weeks ago, HArdly see them and I don't think they have any interest in the Aiptasia. Bought another one today who is very sociable, allready all over the tank and not hiding. I am hoping he takes a liking to them. This all started with one in my fuge, shoulda killed it right away.

Back