Joes juice really works well.

clamm

Nothing to nobody
Just tried joes juice to see how it would do...results..

100% majanos that I could reach and feed as directions stated were gone the next day...

unexpected findings

Hair algae...The area where 2 majanos were had a small amount of hair algae...that algae is not there today...probably just a strange timing thing but I wanted to see if anyone else had similar results...

what do you think?

I think they will be back within a week. I had tons of them in my tank and the joes juice only got rid of them temporary

I've used it several times and never had an aptaisia or more recently majano anemone return. Just lucky I guess. I didn't notice any difference in nuisance algae.

Yup Joes Juice makes them mad. They hide for a while, then go get their big brothers and come back to kick your *ss

Racoon Butterfly fish go to town on them. I've had 2 both eat Manjano and Aptaisia. But when they run out of pest anenomes zoas, worms (including feather dusters,coco worm) some sps polyps are fair game!!

lps though how are they with lps? and what do you guys do with them when they are done...is there a community raccoon butterfly going around?

I here they release babys when you hit them with the juice so you end up with alot more in a couple of weeks :confused:

My idea is to keep a couple of peppermint shrimps,the problem is they can't deal with the larger aptasia so i zap them with joes and let the shrimp take care of the babies.

I didn't know peppermints eat them small ones...will try it... how do peppermints get along with cleaners...?

We used JJ on some very big nasty aptasia that came in on some new live rock. They shriveled and died, and the hermit crabs ate the left overs.

Of the dozen or so that we zapped, only two have come back, and they were probably the two biggest ones in the beginning.

It's been maybe a week or two since first use...

Melody~

Peppermint shrimp, (at least the ones from Skiptons) will eat Aiptasia.
I don't think peppermint shrimp eat manjanos.

M.

Boiling water

I have heard some people have good results with simply using boiling water. You boil water, put some in an injector, and spray it on the apistasia.

Joe's juice works for me too. I rid every mojano from my tank with it. I have some more now, due to additional live rock, but I'll nuke em soon.

As far as the hair algae thingy...I'm willing to bet, that while the mojano was there, the HA was safe from predation. Once you took away the anemone, something moved in for the free salad.

Dave

Back