Just bought a LED fixture 120w hope I did not make a mistake

kingfish62

Non-member
Well, I finally decided to try some LED's to see how I like them. I bought it for my 29 Gallon biocube.It is a 120 Watt DIMMABLE coral reef LED fixture 120w white blue grow light. I know this is not a top of the line but I am going to give it a shot. If anyone has a similar fixture I would be very interested in how it has worked for them . Also I am looking for ideas on mounting it. It will be in the bedroom . I am concerned with overflow of the light in to the room at night so I am thinking I might have to build some sort of canopy/sheild for the light.

Would love to see some pics of your setups for ideas!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120-Watt-DI...245?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f167ed03d

Hello i think your best bet would be to buy a used hood and gut it cut the top with a demel and set the new light in there if the measurements are good
and that way you don't have to worrie about jumping fish

Last edited:
That was a thought of mine. Not only would it keep fish in but it would keep evaporation down. I already have a spare hood. My concerns with that is the high level of moisture the light fixture might be subjected to and how high this light sould be from the surface.
I was also toying with the idea of making a glass canopy to cover the tank to keep the evaporation down. I would leave an open space in the back for gas exchange.

if you can return it, i will sell you my kessil leds. Do some rersearch on them. As for the one you have, 200 bucks shouldnt be a crappy led light. You should be good with that

Just set it up and could not be happier. We will see how color and growth goes.
DSCN1036.jpg

DSCN1051.jpg

wow the light fits your tank nicely. not bad on the color as well.
I think these cheap led lights are driving Ecotech/AquaIllumination nuts

i cant complain about mine other than i should have bought the dimmable ones maybe ill upgrade some time soon to the new units with a DIY lighting spectrum and dimmers!!

Back