Just finished the new stand.

janet

BRS Member
I stared the tank about 2 weeks ago. It's a 60 gal cube with one radion. It's plumed into a larger astabished tank. I figured it wouldn't go through a cycle but I think I was wrong. I've gone through the diatom stage and now entering the hair alge stage. Just bought some snails and a lawnmower blenny. I hope they will help. The two anemones were hiding for a week but now have emerged. So far so good.
eb6cbc8977292a62ed003bad85a2d6d1.jpg
9061e487cff50705eb4b483a07ca9162.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B-a-utiful stand and canopy can't wait to see this tank mature good luck.

Nicely done! Looks professional, is that an electric piston/actuator? Very cool!!

Yes it has a 250 lb electric actuator to lift the canopyI built it myself I've got cabinet manufacturing co. so that made it a little easier but I am out of practice in the shop. It's been years sense I've used the tools.
I'm thinking about setting up this same tank in my showroom. I would have to do freshwater because I don't trust my help to take care of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:::::::: now there is a nice stand and canopy. I'm in love with my rimless tank but i wont mind a canopy the looks like that.
nice job me like it !

:::::::: now there is a nice stand and canopy. I'm in love with my rimless tank but i wont mind a canopy the looks like that.
nice job me like it !

thanks!!!!

2b531f9dcaadc0a39bec12d34acd729c.jpg

I think she can keep up with her big sister

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks again! The other tank is a 220 mixed reef. That tank is mine. The 60 cube is my wife's. She was planing to breed clownfish until she found out how much work it will be. Probably a good winter project if I decide to help her.

c5d86a617ccd3ff55634805790084a50.jpg
The tank is coming along nicely. Had some Cyano but got over that quick. We are starting to stock it. I bought a very nice rose bubble tip from Dong that split into 4 pieces over night. A friend shut down his tank and gave me a few nice corals. I also took a few from my main display.
I love this frigin hobby

Thanks it wasn't so beautiful yesterday. One of the rba tried to escape but couldn't make it down the overflow. He did manage to make the tank overflow 40-50 gals all over my kitchen. I guess it's the price you have to pay.

Back