Kole Tang in a 60 cube?

frayedend

Non-member
I may actually be looking for the Tang police. I am selling my fish and set up. I advertised my fish and they are in a 90 gallon. Someone may be interested in the Kole Tang for a 60 cube. I'm hesitant. Live aquaria says 70 gallon. But Tangs like length to swim so 60 is small and cube isn't long. Any opinions? My kole doesn't seem to swim the length of the tank much but he's not to big yet.

Kole tangs don't get very large and can be pretty shy at first. I think a 60 cube would be okay. I had one in a 65 gallon rectangular system for many years and it seemed pretty happy.

That tang will probably reach 5" - what's the length of the 60 cube? 24"? That is not going to be a peaceful, enjoyable aquarium with a stressed fish pacing the glass...

Even the 65g is significantly longer than the 60 cube. And tangs want length.

It's like a lion who's used to running and hunting being put in a cage at the zoo.
Isn't this what almost all fish from the ocean feel like? :)
I personally think 36" length is the smallest I'd go with an adult. If you could get a really small one and trade or sell him when he out grew the tank then you'd be fine.
I put small tangs in my 75g for 6 months to a year and then sell them to a friend of mine with a 250g. It's always a win win for both of us.

Back