Krylon Fusion

Bobbofin

Non-member
How long do I have to let it dry before I can put the PVC in the tank? It says you can touch it in 15 minutes, handle it in 1 hour and chip resistant in 7 days.

If it's going into your tank I would wait the 7 days. I think I read that somewhere a while ago.

Not worth the risk to get it right in there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

PVC parts attached to bulkhead. Have to restart my tank ASAP. They were painted last night and are sitting on my table outside baking all day. If they're not dry now they never will be.

PVC glue and cleaner can generaly be put under pressure about 20-30 minutes after glue is applied . It will hold cause by that time its more of a hardened shell over it . Remember PVC cement actually bonds 2 pieces of PVC together by a process called solvent weld , not a glue at all . I am a master plumber so you can take my word

7day cure time so if it is going to be submerged I would wait the seven days. If not I would say go for it.

PVC glue and cleaner can generaly be put under pressure about 20-30 minutes after glue is applied . It will hold cause by that time its more of a hardened shell over it . Remember PVC cement actually bonds 2 pieces of PVC together by a process called solvent weld , not a glue at all . I am a master plumber so you can take my word

Agreed on the PVC glue & primer (and only needing to wait 20-30 minutes), but regarding the paint, I also would wait the full 7 if possible.

The piece of PVC is attached to a bulkhead that I need to install. The previous owner drilled the return hole for the bulkhead too low so I'm raising it with two elbows painted black so the line-loc is above the water level so I don't need 7 links of line-loc to get the nozzle to the surface. It's an eyesore in a 40 breeder. It was very warm from sitting on the table on the porch all day baking in the hot sun on purpose. Maybe I should leave it on the table on the porch to bake some more in the hot sun a few more days. My tank water level is lowered 4" with the heater inside the tank, hob filter and two Jebao WP10 pumps. Everything is doing great in the tank, no issues. The dusty surface drives me crazy without an overflow but maybe I should just get over it. The whole purpose of this is because the old bulkhead was cracked and leaking. Trying to repair it made it worse.

Attachments

• bulkhead.JPG
    bulkhead.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 129
You can always just use a small cup to skim the top of the water(like an overflow box) to remove the build up on the water surface then add a little SW back.

Back