LED lighting...

MarkSzy

BRS Member
So I have another loaded questions for you all, I am building a 200g tank 48"x36"x27". The problem I am find is the depth, I cant find a fixture that will do 48"x36". So I would have to do two 36" fixtures and if I go with the LED giants its going to get expensive. Here is the question, what cheaper brands do people use/like the most. I have seen good reviews on the Current -USA brand and I would do two 48" strips. If anyone knows a good place to buy full DIY LED kits I'm also interested I just don't want to piece the kit together. Right now I just plan on doing softies but might get in SPS down the line as I love the way they look.

LEDzeal.......look into them.....for the new x200? iirc the new model they have a layout done by a friend of mine, has great colors and stuff. He grows sps on the bottom of his deep 300 gallon aquarium iirc....Maybe its 180 gallon...either way.

Could go with 2 300w viparspectra leds , they give a ridiculous amount of par and are very cheap I have 2 165w ones on my 75 gal and I have them set at 20% blues 1% white mounted 14 inch above water I get a around 250 par half way down and about 75- 110 on my sand bed , will very slowly increase as I go been on for a week now corals look happy.. good luck

My tank is 34”. I mount a Radion G5 in vertical position at 14” high and it works fine. 2” more wouldn’t be a problem. Besides, you don’t actually have corals on the side of the glass right.

Current USA will not be a good choice for that tank you need something with alot of punch to penetrate that deep

thanks guys, what about the reefbreaders 48-v2? they have some great reviews, has anyone used them?

My tank is 34”. I mount a Radion G5 in vertical position at 14” high and it works fine. 2” more wouldn’t be a problem. Besides, you don’t actually have corals on the side of the glass right.
i would love to get them but i would need two, i am running Vortech wavemakers so it would pair nicely but damn are they expensive.

You don't have to go crazy on lights for a soft coral tank. I've got 2 ebay black boxes over mine. The downside on them is they no names can crap out on you sooner than you would expect. Reef breeders are good and they I have good customer service. They are based out of North Kingstown Rhode Island

Last edited:
@MarkSzy I run a photon t5 combo on my 120g mixed reef photon gives you lots of light for the$
C151E038-4C3E-43B0-8F94-BFE5F78242BD.jpeg

1B2E8802-D3AD-493A-9232-42822BD1FDF0.jpeg

Your best abs cheapest bet until you get radion money abs not necessary is reefbreeders & if you want more fill in some UV’s hybrid on the sides of each. That’ll fill the tank abs plenty of par for years besides the great customer service from Reefbreeders.

Attachments

• C2CB739A-B081-4857-849F-AA0768B05261.jpeg
    C2CB739A-B081-4857-849F-AA0768B05261.jpeg
    120.2 KB · Views: 112
Your best abs cheapest bet until you get radion money abs not necessary is reefbreeders & if you want more fill in some UV’s hybrid on the sides of each. That’ll fill the tank abs plenty of par for years besides the great customer service from Reefbreeders.
Truth Logan at reefbreeders has an excellent product.

Once a year Reefbreeders LED Black Friday sale is on,
10% off.
I currently have very limited amount of Reefbreeders Photon v2+ available too, also at 10% off.
V2+ 50 (47.5 inch long) at $643.50
V2Pro 50 (47.5 inch long) at $747.00
Reefbreeders LED comes with mounting legs and hanging kits included. Two year warranty.

Back