Leopard wrasse stuck in overflow

Angelodr2

BRS Member
Hi everyone does anyone have any idea on how to get a fish out of the overflow box. It's been in there for a week and I been wondering how to get him out. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ive had it happen a few times. always used a net and some food that I can keep up at the top. put the net in for an hour or so that way it gets used to it being there. then add food when it comes up to feed pull up the net and catch it.

I used to pull the overflow and go get the fish out of the filter sock in the basement

I am guessing overflows can be different but with mine, which I consider fairly standard, I have had this happen a couple times and what I did and worked was turn off the return pump and wait for it to stop flowing then slowly pull out the return plumbing just enough to break the seal and the rest of the water would go down the drain. that left maybe 1/2" of water on the bottom and pull the plumbing right out as it should not be glued in. I was then able to reach in and get the fish. Piece of cake.

I am guessing overflows can be different but with mine, which I consider fairly standard, I have had this happen a couple times and what I did and worked was turn off the return pump and wait for it to stop flowing then slowly pull out the return plumbing just enough to break the seal and the rest of the water would go down the drain. that left maybe 1/2" of water on the bottom and pull the plumbing right out as it should not be glued in. I was then able to reach in and get the fish. Piece of cake.

I'll try that hopefully is not glued

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just in case if your net is too large, I bent mine into a diamond shape so it could fit in the overflow then lure the fish till it is next to the glass so you can drag the net with the wrasse flat against the glass so it can't escape to the surface and catch it.

Back