Let’s see those “Tank Progress shots!!!! - My 72G Bowfront 8 month of progress –

higorc

Call me IGOR :)
Alright, I will break the ice with a (sh&$# load :p)bunch of shots of my latest tank!!!

March 3rd…Bought a 72G Bowfront tank on craigslist

IMAG0829.jpg

Filled it with water and added sand

IMAG0832.jpg

Added some LR

IMAG0859.jpg

Added first 2 fishes

IMAG0875.jpg

First Corals

IMAG0903.jpg

First Death… )o;

IMAG0911.jpg

Upgraded light from 2 HO T5’s to 120W Tao LEDs from eBay

IMAG1007.jpg

Added more LR

IMAG1032.jpg

Added a Moon light LED Strip

IMAG1036.jpg

Moved down the few corals I have around the rocks

IMAG1054.jpg

Re-doing Aquascape + adding a few Zoas

IMAG1066.jpg

Adding more corals

IMAG1109.jpg

IMAG1462.jpg

IMAG1465.jpg

IMAG1698.jpg

IMAG1456.jpg

8 Months later – I have a very stable tank. Even though I had my first tank in 2007, this is my first attempt on growing SPS (besides the occasional Monti Caps) and so far they are all doing well. I am still not dosing Calcium+Alk+Mag daily. But there again, I only have frags. No colonies.

Here is a few shots of the tank today

Large Image Link (177 kB)

IMAG1805.jpg

IMAG1812.jpg

very nice progress. Quick question, did you notice after your diatom bloom disappeared the first time, it came back after you changed the lighting? I ask because i put new leds on my tank and im getting those good old dios!

That's more or less how you would hear it at an AA meeting (bought empty tank off CL, then T5's, upgrade to LED's, upgrade to better LED's, more live rock, more coral, more____ (fill in the blank)... and goes on and on).

very nice progress. Quick question, did you notice after your diatom bloom disappeared the first time, it came back after you changed the lighting? I ask because i put new leds on my tank and im getting those good old dios!

Actually totally the opposite. All my hair Algae, Cyano and dios went away... Don't know why. I thought it was because of having good lighting. But than, I have also heard stories like urs. So I'm not sure why anymore...

Higor's EVO 3D

Actually totally the opposite. All my hair Algae, Cyano and dios went away... Don't know why. I thought it was because of having good lighting. But than, I have also heard stories like urs. So I'm not sure why anymore...

Higor's EVO 3D

Thanks man. I think its going better than my previous one...

Higor's EVO 3D

That's more or less how you would hear it at an AA meeting (bought empty tank off CL, then T5's, upgrade to LED's, upgrade to better LED's, more live rock, more coral, more____ (fill in the blank)... and goes on and on).

WOW!! Hahaha... That's hilarious!!!

But true. We r always moving on in this hobby...

Higor's EVO 3D

I`ll Play!

Started the tank like may 2011: (55) bought of CL:

earytank2.JPG

Then before the Upgrade:

1yearin.jpg

As it sits Today after an upgrade this summer to a 75:

FTSTODAY.JPG

And How my 55 Sits now at a Friends House:

FTS2fortoday.JPG

Love ur tank... What kind of lighting do u have?

Higor's EVO 3D

Thanks, lighting is 250w halide with a 14k pheonix. I need to get rid of some xenia, its spreading like crazy!! it looks good on the back walls, but its taking over a lot of my open rockwork as well.... I went from a lot of zoas/palys and lps to a bunch of SPS, most of which are still rather small (2" or less) but they are growing rapidly under the halide, and considering I am hammering the tank with Ca and alk from a ca reactor which some might consider excessive on 54 gallons lol.

Back