Levels?

Kimmi2413

Non-member
Did a triton test everything came back good expect I have high mag of 1600 and I have high levels of tin,sodium, zinc, semi high sulfur and Barium. Iodine is 0. I noticed when I was running carbon I seen rust on the bag it was in and the carbon was magnetic can that be the cause of my sps deaths? I haven’t been dosing anything and my alk and cal are just stable not getting consumed at all, well at least that’s what the tests are showing.

What were the recommendations from triton to get the magnesium back on track? Could that be what is causing the low calcium consumption

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somewhat high Mg is typically not a problem at all. Just wait and it will come down on it's own.

Rust on the carbon bag? Are you running GFO in anyway? It basically is rust, and often leaves rust like stains on things. (and GFO sometimes is mixed with carbon to save space and or because a separate reactor is not available for whatever reason.

I just had the carbon in a bag in the sump and didn’t remember the name of the carbon but threw it away thinking it would of been bad.

What were the recommendations from triton to get the magnesium back on track? Could that be what is causing the low calcium consumption

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t think they said anything on how to bring it down. I’m more worried about the metals

Water changes, metasorb and cuprisorb will get the levels down but you’ll have to find the source so they stay that way

Did a triton test everything came back good expect I have high mag of 1600 and I have high levels of tin,sodium, zinc, semi high sulfur and Barium. Iodine is 0. I noticed when I was running carbon I seen rust on the bag it was in and the carbon was magnetic can that be the cause of my sps deaths? I haven’t been dosing anything and my alk and cal are just stable not getting consumed at all, well at least that’s what the tests are showing.

What was your tin level? Can you share your report? I also just posted results received today with a high elemental impurity (Sn) and also have challenges with Acros and possible snail death.

My Results

What was your tin level? Can you share your report? I also just posted results received today with a high elemental impurity (Sn) and also have challenges with Acros and possible snail death.

My Results

These are mines.

https://www.triton-lab.de/en/showroom/aquarium/auswertung-b/icp-oes/71209/

Yours seem better then mines

Back