LFS that has a Blue Spotted Jawfish/Bartlett Anthias in stock?

reefnewbie54321

Non-member
I'm looking to find a LFS that has some healthy Bartlett Anthias aswell as a Blue Spotted Jawfish ... any help would be appreciated.

good luck

Hi,
I have a friend of mine from grad school who was looking at breeding blue spotted and yellowhead jawfish as his thesis. I'll pm you his contact info.

Aquarium Gallery sometimes has blue spotted jaw fish, they may have some anthias as well.

I would be interested in your friends contact as well.
A pair of these guys are on my list.

Corwyn

Would be interested in getting that contact info...

ent to aquarium gallery on saturday and there were no blue spot jaws just pearly (which were already sold to someone) and only sunburst anthias. I know I could have them order them but I like to see something in person before I think about adding it to my tank.

Also anyone know a LFS that has real white looking xenia ... all I can come across is really tan looking stuff.

I have the white pom pom xenia. you are welcome to as much as you can carry for free. It is anywhere from white to pink to light tan depending on lighting and conditions, but it is likely the thing you are talking about.

I know AquaDreams had a blue-spot jawfish and vanderbilt chromis in the other day. A BRS member had called looking for them so he apparently got them in stock.

aquacon has some blue spot listed for a pretty good price.
I seem to remember that they have somewhat of a spotty reputation
but they're now offering a 30 day guarranty.

I need some sand to build up areas so these guys can build a home.

just pearly (which were already sold to someone)

That would be me :D They had a blue spotted there just last week, but damn was it expensive.

Regarding the Xenia, post a WTB thread in the coral section and someone will most likely give you as much as you want for free, or at the most a few bucks. The LFS charge way too much for this stuff IMO.

Steve

Last edited:
The bluespots are known jumpers. Be sure you take the necessary precautions to avoid losing the fish.

Yeah I know Blue Spots are known to be not that hardy and devolp some weird disease that usualy cant be cured. There was a whole thread I read through on RC. I also plan to build a lid for my tank becuase a few of the fish I want are known jumpers.

I'm just window shopping till my tank is cycled but once it is I will post in the WTB for the xenia.

I'll be checking out a few stores this weekend and will be stopping by the ones listed.

Thanks for the help

Anyone have anything good to say about Skiptons Pet Center? Its on my list

Last edited:
reefnewbie54321 said:
Anyone have anything good to say about Skiptons Pet Center? Its on my list

I like them, Steve is awesome. Check in the vendor experiences there is a thread on them. I don't have sps so I can't comment on them, but i've bought many zoa frags. Steve suggested that I hold off on a new arrival of fish to make sure they were healthy and w/o disease. A+ in my book.

reefnewbie54321 said:
Also anyone know a LFS that has real white looking xenia ... all I can come across is really tan looking stuff.

Cindy (Flighty) has the prettiest and whitest kind of Xenia I've seen, and she always offers it to everyone for free. I'd love have some, I think it's so cool and beautiful but David isn't too keen on the idea of pruning it for the rest of his life.:rolleyes: He says you can't just have "a little" Xenia.:rolleyes:

-Gina

Back