Liams 180 Gallon project

Liam

letting it grow
Well as a few folks know the recent crazy weather has caused some seepage in my basement which will require repairing professionally.Due to the dampness in my basement being amplified by my system being in the basement and the fact my bar room down there being some time off now i have decided to break it down and set up a 180 gallon on the first floor with just the sump etc down in the basement.
So anyways today i started building.I started with the canopy and the first pic here shows the carcase.

Attachments

• DSCF2413 (Small).JPG
    DSCF2413 (Small).JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 1,114
here is the fully finished canopy less the doors which i still have to build.
The canopy is made from 1/2 inch birch ply.

Attachments

• DSCF2421 (Small).JPG
    DSCF2421 (Small).JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,122
here is an end on angle showing the vents.These are actually HVAV recievers and are perfect for the job,they even have a sliding damper built in so i can close them down in the winter to help with the heating.I will be mounting 4x4" fans behind them

Attachments

• DSCF2422 (Small).JPG
    DSCF2422 (Small).JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,116
Thats an awesome canopy Liam!! Wow!
Wish you the best of luck with the transfering. Your tank is amazing as is right now. Can't wait to see what the 180gal looks like when you're done.
Man, I wish I can DIY like that.

thanks all.
Its a bit of a PITA having to do this but its either that or give up.I'm having some fun rebuilding it just sucks undoing everything

Kevin McG said:
Nice!! now with a 6 footer you can get some tangs :)

yeah i'd love a sohal Kevin but they are just a bit too boisterous for my liking

Well i got the stand pretty much together today,just needs doors and trim

Attachments

• DSCF2423 (Medium).JPG
    DSCF2423 (Medium).JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 1,073
Liam said:
thanks all.
Its a bit of a PITA having to do this but its either that or give up.I'm having some fun rebuilding it just sucks undoing everything
Holy Crap Bud ....did I miss something here? did you crash?
The stand and cap look great BTW

marco67 said:
Holy Crap Bud ....did I miss something here? did you crash?
The stand and cap look great BTW

thanks Marc,no the 150 is still running,as is the water on the floor in my basement :eek:

Sorry to hear about the water in the basement Liam.:(

Looks like the next tank will be bigger and badder! :D You work fast, that's quite a lot done already. I don't think it could possibly be more beautiful, although I'm sure you'll find a way. ;)

-Gina

Hey Liam, I was thinking that if you wanted to get more done quicker, you could probably ask your neighbors to help you.;)

Last edited:
Back