Lighting for my new tank

niakon22

Reefer
Hi guys,

I been out for awhile, and im getting back into saltwater again. My new tank will ber 24x24x24.

I wondering what do yall think what kind of lighting I should go with. Im looking for like a bright clear whtie with crisp blue tint.

Im thinking of a retrofit maybe 1x250 watt 14k or 20. with t5's what do you think. let me know what yall think or even some pictures would help .. thanks

Hi guys,

I been out for awhile, and im getting back into saltwater again. My new tank will ber 24x24x24.

I wondering what do yall think what kind of lighting I should go with. Im looking for like a bright clear whtie with crisp blue tint.

Im thinking of a retrofit maybe 1x250 watt 14k or 20. with t5's what do you think. let me know what yall think or even some pictures would help .. thanks

Full size lumenarc w/ ushio 14k 250w fired by icecap ballast. Assuming you want to keep some SPS.

I'd say T5 retro all the way but I'm a bit partial... Reefgeek has some great pricing that includes your choice of bulbs they carry... You could prob get a 6 or 8 bulb fixture and spread them out a little...

I run 2 ATI blue + and 2 Geisemann aquablue (12kish) and I have a great crisp white with a little ting of blue...

I'd snap some pics of my tank but the pics don't capture the coloring because I only have a crappy P&S camera...

im lighting my 2ft cube with a LUmenbright mini reflector and a 250w 20k radium bulb on galaxy ballast. LB reflectors are 16% more efficient than lumenarc.

Yeah you can't do much better than that for the hardware. Of course maybe I'm saying that because I'm putting these exact items over my new tank! :)

The bulb of course is a less clear cut thing. I'm going classic Phoenix 14k, but that's just me. Might be too blue for you.

Yeah you can't do much better than that for the hardware. Of course maybe I'm saying that because I'm putting these exact items over my new tank! :)

The bulb of course is a less clear cut thing. I'm going classic Phoenix 14k, but that's just me. Might be too blue for you.

I use a single Phoenix 14k and it's easy on my eyes. Niakon, if you want you can stop by and see what a single Phoenix looks like.

Back