Lighting Measurements with BRS PAR Meter

NeverlosT

Engineer with a reefing problem
BRS Member
Hey All,
Hadn't seen anyone else posting their PPF (PAR) numbers and I figured it would be handy for folks to see what they can expect out of this kind of lighting. This testing was completed using the BRS Club Light Meter (a great resource). Anyhow, take a look, let me know what you think, how it compares to your results, and feel free to post your own results here so that others can learn what is "normal".

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

-Ben

I think that is great. When I has the meter I asked the same thing. I know what my numbers are, but what do they mean, and how do they compare to other tanks. I wanted someone with alittle more knowledge, and exp to chime in, but no luck. Maybe with the cool graphics you will have some better luck. What did you use to make that?
Derek

A few last shots

Here is a shot of the lighting itself (soon there will be 4x T5 tubes)

picture.php

And some obligatory coral shots:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

-Ben

I think that is great.....Maybe with the cool graphics you will have some better luck. What did you use to make that?
Derek

Hi Derek,
I am ashamed to say I didn't use anything fancy like Adobe Illustrator or anything... that is good ol'fashioned powerpoint!

Lets hope the "share your results" fad catches on... I'd love to see what others get. This also lets people see the consequences of choosing this particular 20K over the 14K... a lot less PPF.

Oh and to all, please forgive the very blanched or "pastel" coral colors. I am suffering a bit of a nutrient deficiency at the moment and it is making my colors faded. I'm working on it!

oh cool, I will take my discussion and results there. Thanks for pointing it out!

Back