Ques. (Question of the Day) Lighting programs and schedules.

Cpage101

Current BRS Vice President
Officer
BRS Member
what to you run for lighting settings and schedule?Tank size, depth of tank and how high above is your lighting?

I run a light schedule I created myself on a 32 gallon Biocube. The depth of the tank is 21.5” I run an AI Hydra 32 (I think it’s a HD). I programmed it to start at 7:10 am and ramp up intensity like a sunrise/sunset.
Peak intensity at around 12:20 in the afternoon. Then slowly ramping down and turns off by 10pm. I realize this is a very bright light I bought it about 3/4 years ago knowing I’ll one day upgrade tanks. As for now the intensity at max is very low.

Call me crazy but once its ramping up intensity for the day I have it going up and down to try and simulate some sort of cloud cover. It’s been working great for years.

Running a close as you can get AB+ schedule created by Jim Graham on 4 GHL Mitras for now, I do have a couple of other schedules created by the man himself @Vinny@GHLUSA that I'll get around to implementing. Lights are roughly 11" off the water surface and the tank is 21.7"

AB+ on all my radions and the t5 hyprid fixture is about 8" from the water surface.

Back