lights on refugium

loa.jpg

Jango,
My display is 125 gallons, fuge 75 gallons, SPS frag growout tank 75 gallons, sump 50 gallons.
When I ran my fuge light 24/7, my pH was in the 8.10-8.34 range.

Melody,
I am using the same lights of america pictures above. Runs about $40 with a bulb, and comes with the waterproof casing. 1 of them on my 75 gallon refugium works great :)

Ooo la la!! Just thinking of all the algea I can grow with that Big Momma!

*wiggle*

So, now for a dumb question, but since I've never grown my own, I don't know!

What do you do with all that algea if it's doubling in size so quickly? Do you just start chucking it after a while?

Thanks,
Melody~

Melody,
When I prune, I offer it to anyone who wants some. If nobody needs it at the time, I chuck it.

Mark

reverse cycle >Most days it swings between 8.12 and 8.20.<

24/7 >my pH was in the 8.10-8.34 range<

Reef55 again thank you for the info I have been wondering that for a long time...

What do you do with all that algea if it's doubling in size so quickly? Do you just start chucking it after a while?<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Hey, I resemble that remark...

Reef55 said:
Runs about $40 with a bulb, and comes with the waterproof casing. 1 of them on my 75 gallon refugium works great :)

I got them for $18, minus a $10 Energy Star Instant Rebate, last year. This year people seem to be finding them for $30-something though. Not sure if that's a permanent hike. Keep an eye out for the energy star rebate though. They give instant rebates at the register on everything Energy Star rated at Home Depot.

mini compact lights

i have 2 15 watt mini compact bulbs on my cheato and im getting slow but steady growth i run them 14 hrs after halides go out

All I know is that I am very glad I changed the bulbs I had over my hob fuge. I bought a little mini-aqualight with the 1 10K bulb and 1 blue bulb, and used them for about 3 months. I saw some growth, but then last month I changed the bulbs from those to 6700* bulbs, and the stuff is growing like nuts. The thing litteraly filled in the past month. I just had to take a whole bunch out yesterday. My lighting lights come on at 9 and go off at 11, I would keep them on 24 hours but the tank is in my room and I can't sleep with them on! :)

Back