link of the year? ( I know it's early but..)

I saw this from a link on reefcentral, looks awesome. The one concern that everyone had when they saw that though was "what will this add to the stress at the seams of the tank"

I'd be a little worried of that too, but if it isn't a concern than that is a cool as hell product.

Does anyone know when this will be available? It says Autumn of 2004 .. . That usually means Summer of 2005! Maybe they will be ready for MACNA? I would love to get my hands on one.

cjburden said:
I saw this from a link on reefcentral, looks awesome. The one concern that everyone had when they saw that though was "what will this add to the stress at the seams of the tank"

I'd be a little worried of that too, but if it isn't a concern than that is a cool as hell product.

i'd be concerned as well

Paula said:
Does anyone know when this will be available? It says Autumn of 2004 .. . That usually means Summer of 2005! Maybe they will be ready for MACNA? I would love to get my hands on one.

Tunze spokesperson who posts on RC said that while they will be going to IMAC, they will not be attending MACNA because of their being very busy around that time with trying to get this product into the states.

another downside is that the water surface needs to be lowered a few inches. for ppl with DSB, the tank can become very "short" after all.

I read that this will decrease the life-span of a tank by 20%. However I have seen glass tanks last 30 years :p.

Also, fwiw, I read that the 1st video shows a tunze box that is tuned down to a lower setting. :eek:

:eek: Watching those videos made me sea-sick. I'd rather figure out a simple surge bucket/wave system that is random in nature. The repetitive sloshing effect, while more natural and maybe even appealing in a larger setting, gave me a headache while watching it repeated in a little glass box.

To each his/her own eh?

David

Very nice...

That's very nice, and after watching the videos, I do have some thoughts on the subject:
  • I would obscure the water surface eveation. While neat to watch in the video, it gave me a headache and made me a little sea sick watching the water surface shift back and forth.
  • I would either paint the top of the aquarium black, or have an opaque curtain so that you don't see the surface wave.
  • I worry that the wave cycle in the video is too short (i.e., too fast). The fish seemed to not know whether they were coming or going. I wonder if you can set a longer wave cycle.
  • The wave cycle you may have to select may be governed by the length (or other geometry) of your tank.
Just my thoughts,

Matt:cool:

Last edited:
Scuba_Dave said:
I was waiting for the tank to break apart
Or the stand. I hope someone did their homework, because everything, the tank, the stand, the floor beneath the stand, is being cyclically loaded for like, well, as long as you run the tank,

Oh, and Dave, I have a Mag 9.5 NIB if you want that for your pool. Let me know. I never used it except once in fresh water to test the seal,

I actually just bought a new filter & pump for the pool. I figured do it now & be done with it. The old filter/pump I will use exclusively for vacuuming & maybe for water circulation to solar heat panels.
I'm finishing up the 1st batch of drawings for initial building permit. Going in Tues to meet w/Inspector

Back