Little Purple Tang dancing for food

mvallee

Non-member
I know I need to start a build/progression thread but I find this little guy irresistible and had to share.
I got this little purple tang from Frank and he is such a character, whenever I sit in front of the tank he does this for a couple minutes and I swear he does it to catch my attention so I will feed him. He eats everything I put in the tank and right after I stepped away from the tank he darted over to his nori clip to eat.

He is super active and has really added a lot of character to my tank. I had puffer fish years ago that had super personalities like this and I hope he has some of that "puffer personality" in him. The fish is maybe 2-2.5" which is what drew me in at Franks and I just had to get it and so far I could not be happier.

Do not judge me too harshly on the tank, we are going through the uglies only being just under 2 months in but stable and healthy, just diatoms and a little Cyano around the edges.

Nice looking tang! Looks much better than my tank at that age!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice looking tang! Looks much better than my tank at that age!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks it is tough to look at but I know it is all part of the process.
I have to come up with an appropriate name for this tang, we name all our fish with our granddaughter, they want Dory because of the color but I am not ready to settle on that.

Wrong kinda tang for dory so your off the hook there. When my daughter was younger she named our purple tang “purple guy”. It stuck. Actually the only fish to ever get a name.

Back