Little Shop of Pets

vinny

BRS Member
Has anybody ben to this store little Shop of Pets its ben a long time since i've ben there.Is it worth going the last time I was there they had flatworms in most of the tanks but like said it was a long time ago and they had good price and matched magezine prices on drygoods.

I've had crappy service there. Got quoted one price and charged another. He wouldn't even admit to his mistake when i looked at the receipt, just said "That was the price for the smaller coral". Whatever. Was like pulling teeth trying to get questions answered from one sales person. I asked the kid to catch a nice fat healthy looking mandarin but it was too much trouble for him. I won't go back. If i remember correctly they had HOB skimmers and no sump on a very large tank. Very cheesy and unimpressive...2 thumbs way down. The girl at the register was friendly though. Too bad because it's right up the road from where i pass through every day for work. My hard-earned dollars will be going to stores that deserve it. I usually drop around $200- $300 a month at my favorite stores, so i figure it's their loss.;)

When i 1st got into reefs I went to this store. NONE of the corals were labeled and NONE of them had prices on the tanks. ALL the tanks were marked corals $x to $x with a large range of prices. I was a total newbie and didnt know any names of the corals or anything. I had to find someone each time to ask about one. The guy was rude and seemed like I was bothering him and keeping him away from messing around with the puppies. Eventually I just gave up and left. Seems foolish to me not to label and price the items like everyone else. I felt the guy was just making up prices as he went along. From the post above it sounds like that is what they do. I have never gone back and never would.

I bought my Oceanic 120g up there. After calling around pretty much all of the area stores, LSOP had the best price by far.

They sell what they have, and give bad advise. If you want a sick puppy or outdated dry goods...sure, drop by.

Not worth the trip. Expensive supplies and they have a display tank with very little .. unhealthy corals. (and fish with ich) everywhere...aptasia everywhere...

I used to go to this store when it was at the other location and I was first getting into the hobby. They had *alot* of nice corals back then. There was a younger guy working there who really knew his stuff. But then he must have left. Since they are at the current location I have no been impressed at all. I havent bought there either since.

Sold me special "bubble algae" and corals are priced according to customer, I bought a lot of corals from them when I first started out. I got some freebies too(flatworms). Their tanks are infested with them, and they don't disclose it. (not sure if that's been corrected since)

I used to buy a lot of stuff there many years ago. When at other location they were heavy into the reef business. They have found that they make more money on puppies so they let the marine business go. Randy is the owner and Tom is the other full timer. They are nice guys but the reef crowd is no longer their central focus.

EDIT - Please read the rules for this forum. They can be found in a sticky at the top of the thread list. No posting about stores other than the one in the title, and no posts by people associated with a reef store/vendor/company. This includes "volunteers". Thanks, Nate

Last edited by a moderator:
Back