long nose butterfly exp?

skyedolphan

Non-member
OK my newest additon is wreaking havoc with me I keep catching him picking at my clam :eek:

anyone else out there have any experiance with them ?
I knew they had a potential for tube anemones and feathers and a possibility for soft corals and SPS polyps but clams?>

butterflys, most species anyways, will go after anything fleshy....if they find it appealing they will bite......thats why most are recommended for fish only. good luck catching him and getting him out of the tank...either him or the clam

HMm clams stay he would go but right now we are still under debate I have a good 7 days to decide before I leave for a month but would hate to come home to no clam :(
guess I will just have to keep watching him and see what he does my kids love watching him as he is always out hunting the rocks and makes an intersting TV show ;)

LOL Dave I wasnt really concerned about the rest as polyps grow back and I figured I keep the tank so well fed that it was only a possibilty

Dawn,

I had one before my carpet got him and other than an initial interest in my clam (lasted a week or so) he was fine. I had a bigger problem with my CBB he picked at the clam more but again lasted only about a week. I find butterflys are always the ones to pick at new additions I think they find a different flavor on them and a change from the same old stuff, I bet he will be fine.

Jim

Back