Looking for a temporary home for 2 fish

Ellabug

Non-member
Hi Everyone

Mr X has been gracious enough to house 2 fish for me in his frag tank for the last few months, and was going to continue to house them until I could get a tank set up for them at home. I've been slowly getting the tank at home ready for them, but am still a few weeks away from starting to cycle the tank. I know we are all very sad to hear that Mr. X is having to break down his tank, and I'd like to try to get my two fish moved into another temporary home as soon as possible so that he doesn't need to worry about them as well. They are a six-line wrasse and black cap basslet, both of whom became too aggressive with the fish in my tank and needed to be removed. The best possible option would be to move them into a frag tank - easier to catch them when I have the new tank ready for them, and there will be no concerns about aggressiveness. Both are reef safe fish who get along with each other and need at least a 30g tank. Both were exceptionally healthy in my tank (I got them last April and neither has ever shown signs of disease), and both have been well adjusted and healthy in Mr. X's care. They readily eat frozen food and should have no trouble adjusting to a new tank. If you have a set up that might work and are willing to help out by temporarily housing them while I finish getting their tank set up I would be very appreciative.

Thank you!

I can confirm that both fish have been model citizens in my frag tank. Haven't bothered any corals or given me any issues. Both happily eat the same food I feed the rest of my fish.

If someone near me volunteers to host them for Ellabug I'd be happy to move them to their new (temporary) home.

Back