Looking for Ca media data

Liam

letting it grow
I am currently using Two little fishes "Reborn " media it works great but i find i need to run my main chamber ph at around 6.5 to get a dissolve rate that meets my demand.
When my media runs out i was thinking of switching to something that dissolves at a little higer ph preferably around 6.65.

Can folks LMK what it takes to dissolve the various media's they are using.

Looking for info on ARM fine and coarse,Gen X and any other media's people are using,i would also like to know which reactors you are using with your media as this will affect the results. Also where your ph is being measured ie in the main chamber or at the effluent exit or if you have any additional chambers.

TIA

When all the acros were in there, I was using the newer ARM, with 3x Magnesium content, in my geo copy 6"x24" tall, blueline 30, with the controller set for on/off at 6.6-6.4. My effluent was at a steady trickle, almost a stream. You know my tank, but take into consideration that there was still plenty of coraline growing that was sucking it right up. Not sure if this helps at all.

I'm currently using the ARM coarse with the korallin 3002. My co2 bubble rate is 64/min. The drip rate is at 280 ml/min with a ph of around 6.4.

I don't have any hard data Liam, but I've ben using Rowalith(Arm small media when I can't find Rowalith)for 5-6 years now. I've always run my reactor(reverse flow)at a ph of around 7.0 and never had a problem with keeping up with ca and alk demand. What type of reactor are you running these days?

I don't have any hard data Liam, but I've ben using Rowalith(Arm small media when I can't find Rowalith)for 5-6 years now. I've always run my reactor(reverse flow)at a ph of around 7.0 and never had a problem with keeping up with ca and alk demand. What type of reactor are you running these days?

i am using a vertex Don

I have a Korralin 1502 single chamber reactor with controller set at 6.6 - 6.8 with ARM coarse media, I measure my effluent at the output .I also use a small phosphate reactor on the output and run about 40 -50 drops per min.
I get about 3 or 4 months per refill. I dont have any experience with other medias.

Back