Looking for Experiences Pairing Dottybacks

DylanCameron

Treasurer/BOD 2023
Hey everyone,

Been doing some reading in regards to pairing/breeding dottybacks, specifically Pictichromis diadema. I'm aware of some of the basics (Here's a helpful and quick article if you're curious: https://www.omicsonline.org/open-ac...ubbock-and-randall-1978-2332-2608-1000185.pdf), but I'd also like to hear from anyone who successfully keeps a dottyback pair - I'm not necessarily looking to breed them at this time, but I would love to be able to keep them happy and healthy to a point where they're spawning.

Some Qs I have:
What species of Dottyback do you keep and how long have they been together?
Were they added at the same time?
What size tank are they in & what are the tank mates?
Does your pair spawn or display courtship behaviors?

Open to any and all experiences with a pair of dottybacks, not necessary P. diadema. Any other resources or articles are also welcome, and if anyone has a copy of Martin Moe's "Breeding the Orchid Dottyback", let me know!

Bonus: here's a photobomb pic of the dotty in question lol
Jolene Photobomb.jpeg

Never had a pair of Dottie Beck's butt I've had neons and an orchid. All of them we're well-behaved but spent most of their time in the rocks.

My purple is a bully. Beautiful fish but not friendly at all towards the other fish. Killed my yellow watchman goby and tried to take out my six line wrasse. It gets along well with my two clown fish though.

Back