Looking for led fuge light

Briko03

Non-member
I'm looking for a cheap light for my refugium. Something that I can possibly hang or clip on to my sump. Any suggestions on something cheap in the $30 range maybe?

You might be able to find a clip on light from Home Depot and put a Par 38 LED bulb. You just need a 5k-10k bulb. Macros grow best under more yellow light.

wpeterson
I know you're looking for an LED, but I've great luck with these CFLs .

I have used daylight CFL for years. Picked up a bunch cheep at local hardware when they discontinued the brand at 99 cents. Most any daylight CFL will work. Just look at the Kelvin it should be 6500K. Also I never change the bulbs. Just run them until they die. Grows cheato and grape culerpa like crazy.

I have looked for a similar cheap LED. The typical daylight LED bulbs at hardware store seem to have a color of 5000K or less. I have heard people trying them but not seen if they had good success. I think cheato might grow even under candle light :D . I have never tried cheap LED. I still have four unused daylight CFL in closet.

+1 for CFL, i grow planted tanks using the same bulbs. For my 60g cube i have a CPR aquafuge attached to the 29g sump that i use strictly for chaeto with a old marineland LED light over the fuge area which has been working for me, and fits perfectly.

It's a good sized CFL, you can see it's slightly bigger than the cheap clamp light fixture I have clipped onto my sump:

Fishtank%20-%2020.jpg

It's quite bright for using so little energy and easy enough to replace once a year or so.

Back