Looking for some things

NanoReefer

25g Waterbox
I am looking for a half sheet of plywood 3/4" (I hate to buy a full sheet only to use half, it would be a waste), and a 30x12 or larger piece of the pink styrofoam to put under my tank. (again it is such a small piece that a full sheet is a waste)

The plywood is going to be used for the doors for my stand, it is all I need to finish it off.

Thanks
Steve

Just a Fyi if all you need are doors check out this place they sell unfinished doors in many woods and sizes and they are very cheap and shipping is not bad at all. I got them for my stand and they really look nice.

If you are interested I will send you a link and a photo of the doors I got. By the way I got: 2ea 24x28 doors and 1ea 11x40 for a total of 3 doors all finished in a carmel maple and including shipping was around 40.00

Just my .02

When I get home I will post a link and Photos.....BTW the doors I ended up getting I do not need so if you liek them and can use them let me knwo perhaps we can work out a deal for $ or frags?

I will have the link and photos around 6pm tonight
Bruce

1/2 sheets at the depot or lowes are a RIP OFF... Only a few dollars cheaper than a full board. It's really not worth it IMO. If you were closer, I'd split a 1/2 sheet of oak ply with you, cause I need to start my canopy.

If your tank is glass and has a bottom trim peice then you shouldn't use stryofoam under it.

Ba19Ma88 said:
Just a Fyi if all you need are doors check out this place they sell unfinished doors in many woods and sizes and they are very cheap and shipping is not bad at all. I got them for my stand and they really look nice.

I'd be interested in that link and a picture.
Do you know what kind of wood your doors are made of?

I think they are oak but again I will confirm once I get Home. they have many door styles also from shaker style (like mine) and others.

Put it this way I am planning on using them for my entire kitchen this summer. The also do custom sizes. The door that is 11x40 I was going to use as a door on the front of the canopy since the canopy is 48" long.

I cannot recall I have been searching all my old email. ##### However I do have the info at home so as soon as I get home Ill post all info along with photos##### should be up no later than 6:15pm (unless crazy traffic)

Here is the info on the Doors w/photos

Here is the link:
www.cabinetdoorsandhardware.com
I am selling my 3 doors (I'll post in the for sale section.)

The doors are made of Maple and they have other woods also.

Attachments

• cab.jpg
    cab.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 327
  • cabcolor.jpg
    cabcolor.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 313
  • cabjoint.jpg
    cabjoint.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 272
Nice Bruce. Cope and stick frame doors (that's how those corners are put together) usually don't have tenons 1/2 that long, and that's usually the failing of cheap cabinet doors. Those should be good strong doors. Good find. :)

Ba19Ma88 said:

If you are interested I will send you a link and a photo of the doors I got. By the way I got: 2ea 24x28 doors and 1ea 11x40 for a total of 3 doors all finished in a carmel maple and including shipping was around 40.00

Just my .02

Could you send me that link? I have been thinking about getting mine through HD, in the refacing dept. but your prices seem better.

Thank you,

Tammie

no prob they are really nice and you will see alot of choices.
i am bumbed I am not going to be able to use mine though, But like
i said I will be using this place for my kitchen.

Thanks, I was unsure of that. Glass tanks without trim can/should still use it though right? I have the trim/floating bottom regular tank.

dedfish said:
If your tank is glass and has a bottom trim peice then you shouldn't use stryofoam under it.

Back