Looking for suggestions about newly purchased LT BTA

SteelDustRose

Non-member
I am looking for some suggestions about a newly purchased green LT BTA. Unfortunately, I purchased the anemone before I did any research on it. From my experience anemone's have been easy keepers, so I didn't think twice about buying it when I saw it. However, I have been having trouble with him since I brought him home. He still looks very healthy for the most part; his tentacles are fully dilated and his color is beautiful... But he won't attach to anything?? After I had put him in the tank I also realized he has what looks like an old scar at the base of his tube. I paid $70 for this anemone and would be pissed to see him not make it. Does anyone have any suggestions for me about what I should do to care for him?

My tank tests perfect.

Ammonia, nitrate and nitrites are 0.
pH is 8.4
salinity 1.023
temp. 78*

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Is it a LTA, or a BTA?

I had a BTA that didn't attach right away. It wandered and rolled around the tank for a couple of days before it settled in. Once it found a place it liked it attached and was fine. That was 6 yrs ago, now it's about 12 BTA's :)

How long has you're tank been running? BTA are hardy for an anenome but they still should have an established tank (6 months) What are you running for lighting?

My BTA also took a few days to attach and even when it did it moved around for what seemed like weeks and didn't spread out. Like jimmyj7090 said once they get settled in they're fine and sometimes a pain because they split so much. I can't keep track of how many times it's split and mine looks like it's going to split in the next couple of weeks...

They like little "caves" where they can attach and extend into the water column. My first BTA moved all over the tank until it found its homey, little cave. I stuck my second on into a small little hole in the LR (2"x2") and it never moved.

You can see the second one high in the rock at http://hollcraft.ws/reef.

Back