looking into upgrading to led lights

sdexcalibur1

Fish junkie
Stopped by tropi isl. and the guy was like these led lights are so much better than your 75 watt MH sunpod. It was a marine land strip. Just seeing if anyone has any experiance with them. It's going over a aquapod so 24" is plenty. Also have a few corals not sure if the double bright light than marine land offers will be ok for the lps I have and anything I want to add in the future like a clam

As far as I know the Marineland LEDs are for looks. Fish only tanks and stuff like that, its not good enough for corals yet.

As far as I know the Marineland LEDs are for looks. Fish only tanks and stuff like that, its not good enough for corals yet.

Couldn't have put it better. They might be able to support some softies/zoas in maybe a 2-3 gallon pico tank but that's about it. You would probably need to invest $300+ for a proper fixture for your set up. You could build one for probably around $200 (all ballpark estimates) I know some of the LFS's carry some fixtures, give one of them a call...

the marineland doublebright fixture (supposedly reef capable) puts out plenty of light for a low-medium light planted tank..just to put into perspective, a 2 foot fixture puts out about as much light as 4-5 3w leds which is about a quarter of what would normally be used for two feet of tank

Back