Macroalgae group order

xray-reefer

Non-member
I was looking for gracilaria, and since no one local seems to have any, I am ordering some. I think I will try these guys out:

http://www.liveplants.gulf-coast.net/macroalgae.htm

They have a decent selection and the price is good. I have no idea if they're reputable or not, or what their customer service is like, but there's only one way to find out.

The shipping is 8.75 for the first item (USPS 2-3 day), then $1 for each additional. If you want, you can tell me what you want and paypal me the $$ for it, and I will place the order. I would like to do this by next week, so if I don't hear anything by wednesday or so, then I will just go ahead and place my order.
Nick

Yeah, I looked at liveaquaria first, but you need at least a 29.99 minimum order and all I want is the algae. The shipping is then 25.00. I just checked. Also, I wasn't going to get the stuff on the rock, just free-floating - 8 bucks for a pint. I might get some ulva too for 7.00 while I'm at it since it's only 1$ more shipping. 15.00 + 8.75 + 1.00 = 24.75 - less than half what I would pay from liveaquaria. I am gambling on an unknown vendor here, but I'm feeling adventurous :wink:

Seems kinda expensive for what you get. I know florida pets (one of the BRS sponsors) had red gracilaria w/o the rock for a decent price but last time I checked they were out of stock. You might want to give them a call and see when they'll get it in.

Back