Majestic Angel

I have a 3" one for a couple of months now and hasn't touched the clam or zoas.... so far

I had one with two clams and he never looked at them. I think trick is to add clams before you add majestic. Also majestic might go after meaty LPS like open brain and such but otherwise they are more on reef safe side. Mine didn't pick at all but you have to keep his belly full...just to make sure.

Even so far my Imperator is totally reef safe as well. I only have mostly softies at this point but he never touched any corals that i have so far. I did started with Juvenile.

Shoeib said:
Even so far my Imperator is totally reef safe as well. I only have mostly softies at this point but he never touched any corals that i have so far. I did started with Juvenile.

How about lps.....

I have Shoeib's Majestic now and the only thing he has done is eat a small rock clean of Zoo's. It's grown back now and have alot of other rocks Zoo's that he didn't touch. He also likes the taste of zenia but thats a good thing.

MickyB said:
I have Shoeib's Majestic now and the only thing he has done is eat a small rock clean of Zoo's. It's grown back now and have alot of other rocks Zoo's that he didn't touch. He also likes the taste of zenia but thats a good thing.

Do you have clams and/or lps? I think that's what I'm most concerned about.........

This is what Liveaquaria.com says about them.

"The Blue Girdled Angelfish, also called the Majestic Angelfish, has yellow scales with blue margins and a dark blue band, or girdle, that covers the face and extends backward. The girdle is highlighted with neon blue margins.

While somewhat shy, this angel is one of the easier angelfish to keep. It requires a tank of 70 gallons or more with multiple hiding places and live rock for grazing. The Blue Girdled Angelfish is not a good reef dweller, being prone to nip at stony and soft corals (sessile invertebrates) and clam mantles. It generally will not harm small-polyped stony corals and somewhat noxious soft corals."

Back