male clown acting sickly

JTM4UG

REEFER
BRS Member
All of the sudden my male clown just swims at the surface with its mouth facing up and sometimes floats to where its side almost hits the surface. Have had the pair for 2 years. Hasn't moved from the corner in 2 days. Only change I have made recently is I started dosing reef fusion 2 part. Any ideas?

hows the tank temp ? reason I ask is if its too warm oxygen could be depleted . what is your alk at ? and how much alk have you raised it ? Are there any other noticeable or visible blemishes on the fish ? need a bit more info .

2.96 meq
77.6 degrees
No marks on the fish stall
Just stared dosing .2 ml of each 2 days ago

all the symtoms suggest swim bladder problems but I am not 100% sure . not a very common problem . sorry I am not much help . I just am not sure

Also can a fish with this problem recover or is it a lost cause. One of its sides is now almost constantly at the surface.

One thing I'm noticing is my pH is reading around 8.8 on my rk. Not sure if my probe is ready to be changed though. Wasbat 8.5 a couple days ago.

That could be an issue there . do a water change asap and I just thought of something , are you only dosing alk ? and not calcium . they should be dosed together or you can creat an in-balance that will cause PH issues . sounds like that could be it

Back