Manjano and Aptasia eater for loan

sorry, I hit enter and diddn't finish typing:D

Scavo has the racoon butterfly in his tank and thats what promted me to get this one. Seems to do well. not sure what if any issues he's had with corals.

Jeff it's all yours i'll pull it out ASAP

Sounds good Scott. Let me know when he is out. I have spoken to Scavo about his and have considored renting it for awhile even. Didn't sound like he had any issues to speak of.

Got him from ray at noon today. No more then 3 minutes after dropping him in the tank and he is on the proul.. Amazing to watch.. He gets into some funky angles to approach the mojanos then snaps at them fast/hard and gets them before they can close up.. Some he misses and they close, others he sucks clear off the rock. He has not stopped since he was put in.. At this rate he may clear my 100-200 mojano in a matter of days! Question is what will he pick on next! Would love to keep him in here, beautiful fish... but if my softies and zoos start turning up mia, he will be on his way to the next stop!

rocky.jpg

I may just have to take him after your done, but it will have to be in 2 weeks, which may not work. I will be away, and I dont need this guy eatin all ym sh*t while I am away.

So far other then mojanos i have seen him pick at the sand bed-worms i figure.. I saw him take one nip at a green tree coral but he didnt like it and spit it out. He tried some flake food but didnt like that and spit it out too. Now only if he liked xenia!

One Eye said:
Then again, at the rate the Manjano are multiplying in my tank, I can "harvest" Racoon Butterfly food and bring it to the meets at a very reasonable price :)

Actually, I think that this would be a great idea!

I had an aiptasia problem that I cured completely with a pair of peppermint shrimp, but I have a little 5 gallon self-contained refugium of sorts that I tossed pest things into... now it is full of a creeping caulerpa, some gracillaria, a zillion bristleworms, and a single very large aiptasia (the one that started my plague, came on caulerpa from an LFS).

Back to the point at hand, I think it would be cool to see if you could have a 10 gallon majano breeder tank on the side to feed a raccoon. Would be an interesting experiment to optimize a tank to grow them, and to find a way to easily harvest them that a raccoon would accept, though there would always be a risk of fouling the tank, unless there was a way to destroy their ability to reproduce....

What about frozen mini-cubes of pureed majano?? :D

Kent

Last edited:
Back