Mansfield Newbie here - Hi - I'm looking for Anemone Med to Large size for my Clowns

ZzzDerekzzZ

Non-member
Hi everyone,
This is my fist post; I've been into the marine Aquarium thing for about 1-1/2 now, about 7 months I pulled down my 38 gallon Marineland bowfront, and moved into to a Waterbox 130.4, installed plenty of really cool Neptune Apex equipment, Aqua UV STERILIZER Ultraviolet 25Watt, Reef Octopus Protein Skimmer Classic 200, I have 2 Neptune Apex Skys although I haven't installed them onto my tank yet due to the fact that my Ecotech Marine brackets do not hold my Sky lights level (WTF) I'm currently working on a counter balance system that incorporates: 80lb monofilament, Dry Wall Anchor Bolts and (Qty 2) 8lb 3oz Weights that will hang between the back of my Aquarium Cabinet and the wall. All that just to keep my wonderful Ecotech Marine brackets pulled back in an attempt to keep my Sky lights level to the water... like I said WTF!

Other than my Ecotech Marine light brackets, I love my new tank!

I'm open for suggestions on my Neptune Apex Sky lights. I'm a machinist by trade and I don't want my lights leaning on an angle... and I don't believe for a minute that Ecotech Marine designed their brackets to lean on an angle as they've been saying.

Also I have a need for a cool medium to large sized Anemone for my Clowns; I'm adding 4 more Phantom Clowns soon, anyone know where I can find a nice selection of Anemone to choose from? I'm in Mansfield and shops within an hour or so of Mansfield would be nice.

Thanks!

20211209_131211.jpg

Last edited:
For what it's worth, every ecotech mount that I've ever used leaned the light slightly forward.

Welcome.

From what I’ve seen in videos, the Radion arms do have a slight forward lean.
Mine won't be leaning forward... I've been experimenting with one of my Radion arm's and Sky light clamped to a piece of 3/4 plywood. I set Radion arm length from edge of plywood to middle of light fixture at 12 inches. With 8lb 3oz weight and monofilament described above, the setup actually pulls the Sky backwards and will adjust past horizontal in the opposite direction when loosening the Radion clamp. Angle adjustment back to level easily achieved by tighten the clamp.

Back