MARCH meeting question

biggyclops

Senior Meatologist
just a quick question.. where is the meeting? i did my membership online.. but i am having a hard time telling where and when it it? thanks for the help in advance! and hopefully c u all tomorrow!

Not an insult at all, just wondering... how do users miss the notes stuck to the top of the Reef Talk forum?
Is there a certain way you look at messages that you can't see the 4 or 5 posts stuck to the top of the forum?
Your answers will help us make announcements in the future.
Thanks.

If you go to new posts and just read from there you don't see the stickies. You only see the stickies if you click on and enter the reeftalk forum. I didn't know they existed for quite a while myself.

Moe, to your question;

I know that I personally get into my forum surfing habits....

I often don't even notice sticky's even if they relate to something I'm interested in. They're right there, yet I don't pay attention to them kind of like commercials, probably because they're always there ("sticky's," "duh").

Not saying I think anything should be done differently, Just responding to your question as to how people don't notice the sticky's.

Also, when you do click reeftalk, you don't see the threads highlighted unless there are new posts (like any other thread). Could they be set up to stay highlighted? IMO that might help a little, but speaking for myslef, I bet I'd learn to ignore that also :) ??? .

Again, just speaking for myself;

If the whole computer screen erupted in flames and the speakers let out an air raid siren everyday, I'd get used to ignoring it in a couple of weeks :) .

IMO, the good thing is that if a newer member missed the mtg link, they can post elsewhere and get steered in the right direction. Then they know where to look in the future....

jk

stickies? we have stickies?????

well actually I knew that but I don't look at the top of the forum. I generally look at the middle of the forum page and see if anything catches my eye...
the old stuff It's almost invisible.

I guess as long as there's a thread like this before the meeting that scrolls though Reef Talk, and has the link to the stickied meeting thread we will all be good. :)

i kept looking at the main page and it keeps saying jan 27.. it does say announcements and to me its only logical that the when and where would be here than on stickies...

Back