Membership Cost

Ford625

Non-member
Hi, If I were to join and buy a membership, what would the cost be and what does it have to offer besides discounts at the sponsor's stores? What would happen if I couldn't make it to the meetings? Thank you.

Cost is $20 for single person and $25 for a family. There are many benefits to being a paid member you can enter the contests that we have. There is another whole section of the forum you don't see as an unpaid member. You get to help support the club. Your membership fee goes to pay for the forum,meetings,food at the meetings,guest speakers and there accommodation while they are here and much more. I am sure others will chime in on things I have missed. In my opinion it is worth the $20 a year.

It sounds like it is worth it and it is relatively inexpensive. I don't know if I'd be able to use the disount part of it because it sounds like most of the sponsors are towards Boston. What happens if you can't make it to the meetings?

i dont mean to hijack but i have a similiar question. do you have to attend a meeting to pay the yearly dues or can this be paypal'd?

What did you want to know about the meetings? There is no obligation to attend, but if you don't go you miss out on the speakers, frag swaps, and getting to know people face to face.

You can come to a meeting whenever you want they try to move them around to make everybody happy. They have not scheduled a meeting yet when they do they will put a banner on the top of the page with the info.
+1 to what John said

What did you want to know about the meetings? There is no obligation to attend, but if you don't go you miss out on the speakers, frag swaps, and getting to know people face to face.

You can come to a meeting whenever you want they try to move them around to make everybody happy. They have not scheduled a meeting yet when they do they will put a banner on the top of the page with the info.
+1 to what John said

That's great. Sorry I should have asked if they were mandatory. Stupid me...:( That's great that they move around. The only reason I was asking is because I have Wednesdays and Sundays off, a 6 month old little girl and a wife who both demand a lot of attention :) I was just wondering because I knew I wouldn't be able to make all of them.

The meetings are on saturdays or sundays.

I suggest letting the Mrs pick out a fish / coral or two. Then she might get interested and want to come to the meetings :)

The meetings are on saturdays or sundays.

I suggest letting the Mrs pick out a fish / coral or two. Then she might get interested and want to come to the meetings :)

Not a bad idea. I'm not sure the tank is ready for corals yet though. 2-1/2 months in so far. Can't wait though. Slow and steady wins the race... Are the meetings usually out towards Boston?

Back