Message to BRS BOD

Sir Hoggas

Non-member
I would like to see a sticky at the top of this forum that has a list of links to actual DIY projects. Gems found out there on the net could be submitted to the BRS BOD for approval, and then kept in this central location as BRS Member treasure.

I think it is already a cool board for meeting new reefers and communal projects, but sometimes that itch to build a three story calcium reactor must be scratched without delay! Kev

I'm slowly assembling links from out there on the internet.
If you find a cool link, please email it to me (please don't PM me).
My thinking is to update the BRS webpage that's called "LINKS" - which can be found at http://bostonreefers.org/links/index.php
If you'd like to contribute, or better yet take over the project ;) then just let me know.

Hmm, a challenge... Woah, I see, I like, just didn't know where to look! Thanks Moe. If you need help I will gladly assist. Let me know what I can do. Seriously.

Steve (reefrancher) and Jon (Pyrojon) made that page eons ago.
I just want to add more links, get rid of defunct links, just generally update.
What do you think?

I'd be glad to help - new to the hobby so I have been trawling the web for useful DIY sites for everything from sumps to lighting. Should we set up some standards for which DIY projects we put up? e.g. Several BRS folks have actually used the particular DIY instructions and feel that it works?

I was just going to compile links that looked good and the directions seemed complete and were easily understood.
I hadn't even thought about having people actually try them. That's a good idea. Maybe there can be a comments section or something.

Moe, you still viewing this this thread? On the old site I thought we were prompted when a new reply popped up on a thread we started. I sometimes forget where I have been...Will check to see if there is a setting I need to check off.

As for the link, what to do, and who to do it; I think a sticky in the current DIY forum of the link would make Steve and Jon's page easier to find. I see no need to re-invent their wheel but maybe a blurb about sending cool links to administrator X (on the same sticky as the link) for inclusion on the page would be cool. Could be I am simply a bad navigator of the site. I get confused between the new and old forums.

You directing me to the other area was all I needed. I assumed that other people saw DIY and like me, were suprized to find no actual projects/ schematics. I am wondering how I can help with this as three years into the hobby I am still a newbie and would be underqualified to judge good/bad DIY. Not bowing out just not sure what to do...

Yup, I'm still following, even though I'm out of town.

There's a Web Committee meeting coming up. I'm sure they'll prioritize the various tasks and projects. I don't know how to code anything, so I have to rely on other folks. ;)
Lets see how Joe Fitz and his team get things organized and consolidated, and if/when folks will have time to update the links page.
Meanwhile if you have a good DIY link, just email it to me. ;)
The email goes to my work mail, which I'll get back to after the New Year.
Thanks,
Moe

Back